Prepare the Rosemary Crust:
- Pulse flour, salt, sugar, and rosemary in a food processor until well combined.
- Add butter and shortening, cut into ¼ inch pieces, and pulse until dough resembles damp sand.
- Add vodka and pulse until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Turn out onto wax paper and press into a flat disc. Put in the refrigerator to chill for fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out into a 12-inch circle.
- Transfer dough circle to pie pan and press into pan, fluting edge on top of the pan’s outer rim.
- Line crust with foil and fill with pie weights. Blind bake 20-25 minutes, or until the outer edge of the crust is lightly browned. Leave oven on.
Prepare the Filling:
- Combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a food processor and pulse for one minute or until well-combined.
- Transfer pumpkin mixture to a large saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for 5-7minutes until thick and shiny. Remove from heat.
- While pumpkin mixture is cooking, whisk together heavy cream, milk, and eggs until well combined.
- Whisk cream, milk, and egg mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pre-baked pie shell.
- Put pie in oven, and then turn oven down to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until pumpkin filling is set and starting to crack slightly, and crust is well browned. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve topped with lightly sweetened whipped cream and rosemary sprigs for garnish.