Job Type: Full-time
Shenandoah Growers, Inc. “SGI”, the largest provider of culinary fresh herbs in the United States is actively recruiting for an experienced Buyer for our Headquarters office, located in Harrisonburg, VA. This position reports to the VP, Supply Chain. The candidate in this position must be detailed oriented and possess a strong work ethic.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to lead projects within the Procurement Department to demonstrate initiative and leadership.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for planning of procurement and raw materials including subcontracted services
- Effectively plans what is to be achieved and involve all relevant staff members
- Works closely with Sales, Compliance and Operations teammates on existing, new projects and product development
- Manages and maintains strong relationships between the Company and its suppliers
- Analyzes and negotiates terms to obtain necessary materials and products in a timely and most cost-effective manner
- Monitors significant trends, changes in suppliers, and prices to capitalize on opportunities and/or protect the Company
- Identifies cost saving opportunities for the company and executes RFP
- Responsible for successfully transitioning suppliers that have been awarded for the business
- Researches new products and suppliers to provide opportunities for the Sales department
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Practice goal-directed thinking and action in situations for which no routine solutions exit
- Demonstrates the use of information-gathering techniques, analyzing the situation and identifies implications to make correct decisions
- Manages conflict by identifying and handling conflicts in a sensible, fair and efficient manner
- Demonstrates skill in effective communicating, problem solving, and negotiating with a focus on the Company’s interests
- Responsible for maintaining supplier compliance and ensuring that they conform with Company’s expectation
- Must demonstrate a commitment to engage teams in other departments or divisions to achieve a common objective
- Ensures adherence to the required food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies, and practices.
- Adheres to all Company’s procedures and policies
- Other tasks assigned per management
Work environment includes entire Packinghouse. Must be physically capable of walking, climbing, squatting, etc. to complete job duties.
- Associate degree in Business Administration
- 3-5 Yrs. Of purchasing experience
- Advance in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office 365 programs
- Possess a professional demeanor
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent team player, organizational skills, communication & computer skills
- 10% travel requires
- Bilingual English/Spanish
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.