- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced thyme
- Preheat a griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, and thyme.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined.
- Scoop scant quarter cups of batter on to the griddle. Sprinkle blueberries on top of pancakes as they cook.
- Flip pancakes when they start to bubble in the middle.
- Serve with salted butter, maple syrup, and more blueberries (and bacon, if you have it!)