- 3 pounds good ripe tomatoes, Rough chopped
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 big handful of fresh Basil, rough chopped (about 1oz)
- 4-5 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 Tbsp pectin (optional)
- Add all ingredients (except pectin) to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stirring occasionally.
- After about 45 minutes the mixture will have broken down pretty well and start to thicken. Remove the cinnamon stick and the thyme stems. For a smoother jam you can blitz the mixture with a stick blender at this point. This is also a good time to stir in some pectin if you want, though it should thicken up pretty well without it.
- Once the mixture attains a jam-like consistency (another 15-30 minutes), remove from heat and scoop into adorable little jars… or the container of your choice.