- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray parchment with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed stock pot, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water and bring to a boil over medium high-heat.
- When sugar mixtures reaches 290 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer, add the pumpkin seeds, butter, kosher salt, and rosemary and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat until mixtures reaches 305 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer. Turn off heat, add baking soda, and stir to combine.
- Working quickly pour brittle mixture out on to the greased parchment paper and spread so that it is no more than 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Let cook completely. Then break into pieces and serve.