- 1 small sugar or pie pumpkin (not a carving pumpkin)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 leaves sage
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375˚ Fahrenheit.
- Cut pumpkin into 8 equal sections and remove the seeds and pulp from the interior.
- Score the inside in a criss-cross pattern – cut about halfway through, don't break the skin!
- Finely mince the garlic, rosemary, salt and sugar until it makes a cohesive paste. (You can use the food processor if that's easier).
- Place cut pumpkin skin-side-down on a baking sheet, and brush the slices with melted butter.
- Divide the minced garlic, rosemary, salt, and sugar between the 8 pumpkin slices and press it into the scored pumpkin flesh.
- Press a single sage leaf on each slice of pumpkin.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Finish with an additional sprinkling of brown sugar if you like and garnish your serving platter with fresh rosemary.