- crust, frozen or homemade
- 8oz ramps
- 4oz pancetta
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 whole eggs + 1 yolk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 oz gruyère cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. fresh marjoram, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Blind-bake crust by lining it with foil and filling it with pie-weights or dried beans. Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is starting to set. Remove weights and foil and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium-high heat, saute ramps and pancetta for 5 minutes or until pancetta has crisped and the ramps have softened. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yolk, cream, milk, and kosher salt.
- Layer pancetta, ramps, gruyère, marjoram, and chives in the pie crust. Cover with egg mixture. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and the center of the quiche is set but still soft.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature garnished with more fresh marjoram and chives.