Prepare the Sage Caramel Sauce:
- In a large sauce pan, heat sugar over medium high heat until it dissolves and turns a light amber color.
- Add sage leaves and continue to cook unitl sugar turns deep amber.
- Add cream and salt and stir until caramel is smooth and thick.
Prepare the Whipped Cream:
- With a hand mixer whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Add brown sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
Assemble the Sundaes:
- Scoop a generous amount of pumpkin ice cream into a bowl.
- Top with several tablespoons of caramel sauce.
- Dollop with whipped cream.
- Garnish with a large fresh sage leaf and a sprinkling of salted pumpkin seeds. Eat!