Shenandoah Growers, Inc. (“SGI”) is committed to establishing and nurturing a continuous learning environment where teammates can perform effectively and grow both professionally and personally. The Training Specialist will be responsible for creating the Company’s corporate university and will serve as it curriculum creator, presenter, and administrator. The Training Specialist will also monitor and report on the effectiveness of training programs through testing, surveys and impact on recruitment, retention, and turnover rates as well as improvements in overall productivity levels. The Training Specialist will immerse him/herself in SGI’s culture to ensure that all training and development programs have as their foundation the Company’s Core Values and ethical business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Models SGI core values, commitment to food and physical safety, celebration of diversity, and a culture of inclusiveness.
- Actively promotes teamwork, teammate satisfaction, open communication, cooperation, personal development, high standards of performance, and a sense of urgency.
- Works closely with executives and members of senior management to align and prioritize training programs with corporate, departmental, and cultural objectives.
- Establishes and pro-actively keeps up-to-date the learning objectives for each unique role; creates or updates curriculum accordingly; and presents training programs via the most efficient and cost effective means, i.e. onsite classroom, independent study, video, etc..
- Performs an assessment at least annually of the skills and job knowledge required in each unique role and revises training programs to ensure new hire and ongoing training supports those requirements. Provides annual assessment report to CHRO.
- Engages SMEs in the development of job- and department-specific training and to ensure accurate content design and relevant learning outcomes.
- Schedules, coordinates, and delivers or facilitates training programs/sessions, including training sessions performed by SGI subject matter experts, executives, and other guest speakers.
- Delivers classroom and workplace learning solutions that engage the learner and produce measurable performance improvement.
- Develops and delivers training that ensures SGI remains compliant with mandatory annual, quarterly, and other periodic training as may be required by applicable regulatory, governmental and certifying bodies.
- Manages and directly contributes to creation and/or customization and delivery of policy, procedure, and system training program design and materials for new employees and existing staff to support implementation of process/system changes, correction of performance deficiencies or teammate development.
- Partner with senior leaders and HR Team co-workers to identify systemic issues and provide concrete, short-term and long-term solutions and to support seamless service delivery and integrated learning as much as possible with other HR solutions.
- Sets clear performance expectations for team members and communicates how performance goals are linked to organizational goals and values.
- Validates knowledge transfer and retention via post-training written, verbal, direct observation, or return demonstration testing.
- Establishes the Company’s electronic repository of all training program materials, including but not limited to course outlines, trainers’ and learners’ guides, and related materials such as handouts, training sign-in sheets, tests and testing results, ensuring audit-ready training records.
- Celebrates learner milestone achievements, such as New Teammate Orientation “graduation” and fork-lift certification.
- Ensures training provided incorporates accurate language translation via onsite translator, use of The Translation Line, internal translators, translated voiceovers and printed materials.
- Ensures high quality and consistency across every design and development project. Establishes methodologies tools, templates and processes for instructional design strategies and content development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree
- 2-5+ Years of prior corporate training experience
- Valid driver’s license
- National training certification
- Fluent Bi-Lingual English/Spanish
- MS Office Suite with advanced skills with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; excellent keyboarding skills
- Intermediate math skills
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and facilitation
- Ability to develop and write grammatically and contextually correct training content
- High degree of planning, organizational, and implementation skills
- Results oriented; capable of functioning effectively at both strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced, growing organization
- Bring innovative and creative thinking to the design of business/functional learning solutions
- Strong discernment skills and understanding of non-verbal cues.
- Overnight travel up to 40%
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.