Shenandoah Growers is the nation’s leading provider of fresh and living organic culinary herbs. We are more than a Fresh Herbs provider company; we are an entrepreneurial technology company working to find innovative solutions to the controlled production of organic produce. Our rapid growth and recent acquisition have created the need to find a career minded Staff Accountant for this exciting opportunity! You will have the ability to learn new skills and develop your current skills from this well-established, highly talented management team. Positions like this don’t come along often. If you are looking to catapult your career, you need to check this out!
The successful candidate will be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced time sensitive environment while maintaining transaction excellence and internal controls. The Staff Accountant is expected to develop strong accounting skills while working as part of a strong team
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors assigned bank and loan accounts to ensure transactions are posted on a timely and accurately
- Monitors general ledger activity for accrued expenses, prepaid, miscellaneous receivables and payables, and selected back accounts to ensure entries are properly coded and documented
- Performs weekly bank account reconciliations
- Performs month-end closing process for assigned areas
- Performs Monthly reconciliations for accrued expenses, prepaid, miscellaneous receivables and payables and other accounts as assigned
- Prepares and submit Multi-state Sales and Use Tax Filings
- Assists with month-end inventory counts and reconciliation process
- Records month end inventory adjustments and reconcile inventory records to ledger accounts
- Prepares schedules for assigned accounts to support the external audit
- Other duties as assigned
Observes and identifies surroundings. Judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are. Recognize colors. Concentrates, recognize, remember, reason, and make decisions. Distinguish sounds. Comprehend and exchange detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately, loudly, and/or quickly.
- The work environment is generally an office and may work, when necessary, beyond normal working hours, and on weekends, to meet departmental goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1+ Year of Accounting experience
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint together with the ability to learn new compliance-related software programs
- Strong verbal communication skills to provide group and individual training
- Business-level documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to quickly changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic business math skills
- CPA or progress towards it
- Experience working with Sage 100
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.