Candidate must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and have prior sales and/or produce background. The Sales Account manager works with their assigned retail customer accounts and builds strong client relationships and results through regular communication and planning. This individual implements new programs sells in new items and achieves budgeted growth and profit metrics. Must have the ability to communicate effectively not only with customers but within our organization including the Inside Sales Team, the Procurement Staff and other management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops best in class relationships with customers.
- Implements programs designed to achieve budgeted sales and profit metrics for assigned accounts.
- Sell in new items and programs.
- Delivers outstanding customer service.
- Positive attitude with a drive to be the best.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be flexible and constantly reassess priorities to meet deadlines.
- Solid, logical business planning to implement strategic sales growth with existing customers.
- Visit existing retail customers in assigned regions.
- Advises customers on proper merchandising, retail pricing, product mix, promotional strategies, and help strategize maximum profitability.
- Able to develop budgets and forecasts for accounts.
- Attend Shenandoah functions and industry events/food shows as needed.
- Mastery all the Shenandoah Growers product lines pertaining to the produce and floral departments. Able to articulate that knowledge into successful strategies that grow the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong Customer Service
- Strong analytical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office 365 programs
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Travel 25% required
- Knows how to manage overlapping projects and keep track of deadlines
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates at all levels of the organization
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.