Job Type: Full-time
The Company’s Regional Food Safety & Compliance Manager (“RFSCM”) serves as the regional Food Safety and Compliance (“FSC”) subject matter expert and is responsible for executing on FSC plans, instructing, auditing, reporting, and ensuring his/her assigned sites’ to stay full compliance with the Shenandoah’s FSC program. The RFSCM serves as a subject matter expert for the assigned Local Food Safety Specialists and embodies the Company’s commitment to the highest standards of quality and safety; ensuring that FSC operations are handled in accordance with industry regulations and current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Verifies and assures Shenandoah Growers (“SGI”) growing and packhouse operations maintain compliance with all applicable food safety, organic, and quality regulations.
- Completes customer requests forms related to growing and packing operations compliance.
- Schedules organic audits, reviews Organic Growing Plan submissions, and fields employee questions as they relate to compliance with organic regulation.
- Schedules food safety audits, reviews corrective action submissions, and fields employee questions as they relate to compliance with food safety regulation and 3rd party audit schemes.
- Suggests changes to corporate level policies and SOPs.
- Identifies and develops training needs for growing and packhouse operations relative to FSC.
- FSC Program verification and analysis.
- Ensures SGI compliance policies at all growing and packhouse operations.
- Works with R&D and Marketing to develop compliance protocol for new processes or products affecting their assigned sites.
- Serves as primary contact to compliance software vendors for assigned site(s).
- Serves as subject matter expert for assigned local compliance personnel.
- Processes requests for new materials and chemical inputs for all operations as well as new supplier approvals.
- Aids in investigation and reporting of non-compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a stationary position at certain times during the workday. Move about indoors and outdoors.
- Operates computer and other office equipment, including grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive motion.
- Lift up to 25 lbs. (unassisted).
- Observes and identifies surroundings. Judges distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are. Recognizes colors.
- Concentrates, recognizes, remembers, reasons, and makes decisions.
- Distinguishes sounds. Comprehends and exchanges detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately, loudly, and/or quickly.
- Work environment is generally an office setting but periodically includes Packaging and/or Greenhouses and grounds of both SGI and suppliers’/service providers’ locations.
- May work, when necessary, beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions.
- BA/BS degree
- 2-5+ Years of Biological Science required
- 5+ Years work experience involving Foods Safety compliance
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint together with the ability to learn new compliance-related software programs
- Understanding of Global Food Safety Initiative Audit processes and schemes preferred but not required
- Strong speaking skills to provide group and individual training on FSC
- Business-level writing and documentation skills
- Manages multiple tasks and adapts quickly while changing priorities
- Meets deadlines
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently on assigned tasks as well as to take direction
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic business math skills
- Knowledge of Food Safety Compliance regulations, preferably knowledge of Primus GFS or other GFSI level schema
- Knowledge of NOP regulations preferred
- Must be able to successfully complete PCQI training within time frame specified by National Director, Food Safety & Compliance
- Technical or Professional License(s)/Certification(s)
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.