Job Type: Temp to hire
Salary Range: $12/hr – $13/hr
Shenandoah Growers, Inc. “SGI”, fresh herbs wholesaler Company and we are now providing 3rd party logistics services.
We are currently seeking to hire an enthusiastic and motivated Logistics Assistant “LA”, for based in HQ-Office located in Harrisonburg, VA. The LA will be responsible for assisting the VP, Logistics with the day-to-day administrative duties.
The LA will have the opportunity to grow within the Logistics department. Those with Logistics office experience are encouraged to apply.
- Collects all invoices from third parties and bills them
- Works with the VP, Logistics to achieve Company’s productivity and performance objectives
- Performs general administrative duties within the department (files, follows on voices mails, etc.)
- Reconciles PO’s with third parties’ invoices
- Creates, edits and updates spreadsheets as requested
- Participates in meetings within the department and stays inform of changes and/or requests
- Ensures all invoices are reconciled with a Company’s PO
- Understands every position within the Logistics department to effetely communicate and complete assignments
- Participates in trainings and learns DOT regulations and other programs to ensure that the Company follows them
- Maintains and establish communication with third parties as needed
- Follows all Food Safety regulations when visiting the Production Department(s) and/or Greenhouse
- Adheres to all Company’s policies
- Other duties may be assigned
Minimum Requirements and qualifications
- 2+ Yrs. of administrative experience required
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint required
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills required
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Good communication both verbally and written
- 3+ Yrs. Logistics Admin office environment preferred
- Experience with Search Express is a plus
- Paylocity & Sage 100, the experience is a plus
- Bilingual English & Spanish preferred
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.