Linehaul Drivers may be responsible for loading and unloading customer orders as needed. Further responsibilities include the safe operation of company vehicles, as well as, performing a variety of tasks related to shipping and receiving product. This will include but not limited to the use of equipment typically found in a loading dock/warehouse operation such as fork-lifts, pallet jacks and trucks and carts.
- Run linehaul between SGI facilities.
- Pick up backhaul loads raw materials (boxes, packaging materials, etc.) as needed and deliver to customers.
- Unloads product at SGI facilities when necessary.
- May be required to deliver SGI product directly to the customer.
- May be required to sort and segregate pallets when necessary.
- Adheres to all Department of Transportation requirements and regulations.
- Attends training sessions to stay up to date on Department of Transportation and other regulations as needed.
- Reports and is accountable for notifying transportation supervisor of observed safety concerns.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Adheres to all safety and food safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by transportation supervisor or other member of management.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Three years previous truck driving experience.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repetitively.
- Ability to read a road map.
- Pass DOT physical and pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to speak and write English.
- Must maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate overnight and weekend runs.
- Ability to drive in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to operate a fork-lift.
- Prior experience transporting perishable goods.
- Prior experience maintaining driving logs/knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations.
- Prior experience operating refrigerated equipment.