Job Type: Seasonal & Full-Time positions are available
Seasonal Pay Rates: $12.50 day shift & $12.75 night shift.
Base Pay Rates will revert on December 31, 2018. For more information, please call your local office.
The Herb Packer I is an entry level position that works in a fast-paced environment and in a cold packaging warehouse (30 to 55 Degrees Fahrenheit). The teammate in this position will stand for periods of 8+ hours during a regular work day. The Herb Packer is responsible for cleaning, trimming, cutting & packaging assigned herbs at the packaging line. This position requires the Herb Packer to work with his/her hands and may use scissors to cut & clean the herbs when necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies; herbs, size & weights for packaging containers
- Utilizes Company’s product effectively to maximize yields while maintaining high quality standards
- Meets work site’s hourly quota after completing one week of training in packing the Company’s herbs
- Communicates with the Line Coordinator to meet production goals
- Embraces diversity well and can work close with others as needed
- Communicates effectively with all personnel
- Supports Food Safety programs and adheres to Company’s procedures and policies
- Follows department training guidelines, best practices and operating procedures
- Maintains an organized working area
- Wears personal protective equipment when it is necessary to ensure the Company’s compliance
- Adapts well to changes within the assigned department and follows directions from management
- Reports any observed safety hazards to the immediate Supervisor
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Basic math
- Adapts to cold environment
- Good attendance
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.