The Director of Human Resources is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the following human resource functions: recruitment, retention, onboarding, offboarding, recognition and rewards programs, teammate (employee) relations, performance management, FMLA and ADA administration, immigration and visa guest worker programs, annual updates and redistribution of SGI’s Teammate Handbook, as well as policies, and job descriptions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively promotes teamwork, teammate satisfaction, open communication, cooperation, personal development, high standards of performance, and a sense of urgency.
- Addresses and documents staff safety, performance, attendance, and/or attitude issues appropriately and in accordance with SGI protocols.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to CHRO for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters, and communicates changes in the organization’s personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Coaches, motivates and develops staff, focusing on teammate retention and succession planning.
- Conducts 90-day and annual performance evaluations and provides ongoing feedback and encouragement.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as may be directed by the CEO or CHRO, on personnel matters.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personal information needs.
- Ensures HR Team is highly responsive to the needs of supervisors/managers/executives receive timely assistance in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Ensures legal compliance, accuracy, high-quality, consistency and timeliness in the administration of HR functions by site leadership and/or Office Coordinators.
- Ensures that exit interviews are consistently performed and results are reported to CHRO at least quarterly.
- Follows all food safety, teammate safety, and standards of conduct requirements.
- Maintains a sense of urgency, but remains calm when handling emergencies and very high priority activities.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures the organization’s compliance.
- Maintains responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters and conducts, and ensures a satisfactory outcome from, an annual audit of electronic personnel files.
- Participates on committees and special projects and pro-actively seeks additional responsibilities.
- Partners closely with Payroll & Benefits Manager, Corporate Training Manager, and Workplace Health & Safety Manager to ensure fluid bi-directional team communication, successful collaboration, and an optimal teammate experience companywide.
- Partners with the Payroll & Benefits Manager to maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization’s needs.
- Pro-actively identifies systemic opportunities and issues and collaborates with HR colleagues to implement effective short-term and long-term solutions that create value for the organization.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Sets clear performance expectations for team members and communicates how performance goals are linked to organizational goals and values.
- Works closely with executives and members of senior management to align and prioritize HR programs with corporate, departmental, and cultural objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or
- 10+ Years of Human Resources Functions
- 3-5 Years with typical office equipment
- 3+ Years of Supervisory experience
- National Human Resources Certification
- Strong analytical thinker with problem-solving skills
- Fluent bilingual, English & Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office 365 programs
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to details, and planning and implementation skills
- Travel 25% required
- Knows how to manage overlapping projects and keep track of deadlines
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate people
- Ability to communicate effectively with teammates at all levels of the organization
- Basic math
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.