Shenandoah Growers (SGI) is excited to offer a driving opportunity in your area. We are hiring Class A Delivery Truck Driver(s) who supports the routes at the assigned work site. The Delivery Truck Driver serves Company’s customer needs. Driver(s) in this position(s) operate Company’s trucks and load and unload Company’s produce at the customer’s warehouse(s). The Delivery Truck Drivers always maintains an effective communication with management. The Truck Drivers reports to the Transportation Supervisor at the assigned work site. SGI has a friendly work environment where teammates are rewarded for a job well done by the Transportation leaders who are ready to recognize your hard work.
- Unloads product according to customer purchase order
- Loads product in a manner to avoid damages and maintain load stability to insure driver safety
- Wraps pallets by machine or hand to insure stability
- Unloads and cleans out trucks as necessary
- Operates stock trucks and mechanical jacks throughout the facility constantly in a safe manner
- Prepares products for shipment under general supervision by weighing, handling and transporting as necessary
- Marks, addresses, loads, and packs product for proper delivery and condition
- Hand loads product onto trucks as required
- Delivers product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately informs management team of any deviations.
- Unloads product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and places in designated customer storage area
- May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions
- Picks up, loads and unloads damaged goods and customer returns, and completes necessary paperwork
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment
- May have to complete an overnight delivery run one or two times per week. Maintains sanitary conditions in tractor and trailer, assists with maintaining sanitary conditions in the warehouse and yard and proper handling of product
- Delivers Company’s product to distribution centers and grocery stores using refrigerated straight trucks Completes Department of Transportation (DOT) logs (electronic or manual as required), company vehicle maintenance reports and reconciles with appropriate company representative as required
- Breaks down delivery load on single pallet into multiple pallets with smaller loads
- Picks up raw materials (boxes, packaging materials, etc.) as needed
- Attends training sessions to stay up to date on Department of Transportation & other regulations as needed.
- Sorts and separates pallets as needed
- In the event the teammate believes that Lumper services are needed, the driver is required to first obtain authorization from the Transportation Department or site General Manager in order to use Lumper services. Lumper services are not to be used without this authorization
- Is able to drive a standard transmission
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Shenandoah Growers policies and procedures.
- Adheres to all Safety & Food Safety requirements
- Attends all required company meetings
- Maintains a clean working environment
- Reports and is accountable for notifying Transportation Supervisor of observed safety concerns
- Adheres to all Department of Transportation requirements and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned by Transportation Supervisor or other member of management
- High School or GED diploma or equivalent
- 2 Years of truck driving experience minimum
- 21 Years of age
- Class A driver’s license
- Basic math
- Favorable reference check of previous employer(s)
- Must pass DOT Physical
- Must be available to work any day of week
- Bi-lingual, English & Spanish
- Experience with perishable goods
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.