Shenandoah Growers, Inc. (“SGI”) is committed to establishing and nurturing a continuous learning environment where teammates can perform effectively and grow both professionally and personally.
The Company’s Bus Drivers will be responsible for picking up teammates at the designated pick-up points and ensuring that all Packers arrived safely to work and on time accordingly to their schedules.
The incumbent will ensure that passengers riding the Company’s bus stay in their seats.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Shenandoah Growers policies and procedures.
- Completes all necessary paperwork when needed
- Ensures that the number of passengers doesn’t exceed 13
- Checks that all teammates are seated safely
- Communicates well; with passengers, public, management, etc.
- Works well with internal and external customers
- Stays flexible during between shifts for additional driving assignments, when needed
- Reminds passengers to keep their seat tidy and clean
- Attends training sessions to stay up to date on Department of Transportation & other regulations as needed
- Immediately informs management team of any deviations while on routes
- Follows all Safety regulations
- Complies with all states & federal highway laws
- Informs a member of Management of any observe safety hazards at work or while transporting teammates
- Adheres to all Company’s procedures and policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 1 Yr. minimum of driving experience
- Must pass DOT physical & DOT pre-employment drug test
- Subject to random drug test
- Class B Driver’s license with a P endorsement
- Basic math
- Well organized & spoken
- Strong record of positive Customer Service results
- Proven professional skills
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.