The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for a variety of critical processes and activities within the Finance department. These activities include: defining process improvements, managing software updates, implementation of process changes, managing vendor relations, leading cross-functional project teams, AP research coordination and analysis, AP support and team support. The AP Manager ensures that vendors and internal teammates are using the appropriate guidelines and processes to meet department goals. This position is responsible for a wide array of accounting functions such as, data compilation, data entry, analytics, calculation and verification of data in accordance with GAAP.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervises three direct reports
- Leads all activities in AP and is responsible for the departments organization
- Establishes monitoring systems to insure direct reports meet daily department goals.
- Trains and evaluates teammates to enhance their performance, development and work quality
- Identifies department issues, recommends and implements corrective actions
- Works as part of a team and independently on assigned tasks
- Completes trainings within timeframes specified by the Corporate Controller
- Administers 90-day and annual performance reviews to direct reports
- Works with other departments when necessary
- Manages relationships with external vendors and internal departments
- In a timely manner, processes journal entries and corrections; AP sub-ledger reconciliations to the general ledger; reconciles vendor statements to AP records; bank reconciliations; and reviews all expenses incurred on credit cards or for travel expenses are Company’s related charges
- Releases vendor payments on a weekly basis as directed by the Corporate Controller
- Assists external and internal customers with issues related to AP
- Works with Treasurer to analyze cash flow to determine vendor payments to be released
- Communicates with vendors for invoicing errors, incorrect application of funds, unapplied checks, and other issues
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to Company’s guidelines
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information
- Ensures accuracy of AP statements and related accruals
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff
- Responds to financial questions/concerns to meet Company’s needs
- Assists and participates in department’s audits
- Supports the Finance department to find and develop strategic processes
- Attends to all required Company trainings and meetings
- Adheres to Company’s policies and Finance’s processes
- Aids in investigation and reporting of non-compliances
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Observes and identifies surroundings. Judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are. Recognize colors.
- Concentrate, recognize, remember, reason, and make decisions.
- Distinguish sounds. Comprehend and exchange detailed information, including conveying it to others accurately, loudly, and/or quickly.
- Work environment is generally an office and may work, when necessary, beyond normal working hours, and on weekends, to meet departmental goals.
- BA/BS degree in Business Finance or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ Years of Accounts Payable experience required
- 3+ Years of Supervisory experience
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint together with the ability to learn new compliance-related software programs
- Strong verbal communication skills to provide group and individual training
- Business-level writing and documentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to quickly changing priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic business math skills
- Technical or Professional License(s)/Certification(s)
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Experience working with Sage 100
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.