Salary: Starts at $12/hr.
Shenandoah Growers, Inc. “SGI”, is actively recruiting for an Accounts Payable Associate, “APA” for our Headquarters based in Harrisonburg, VA. This position is temp to perm and works in an extremely fast-paced environment. The APA reports to the Accounts Payable Manager.
This is an entry-level position. The candidate will control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The right candidate must be highly detail oriented, possess critical thinking skills and be responsible. This position is required to enter data error-free into the company’s accounting systems and check their own work while completing various other tasks and at the same time providing exceptional customer service.
Job type: temp-to-perm
- Prepares sensitive documents for scanning and filing in the company’s system
- Reassembles scanned files for storage
- Assists with numerous light clerical duties within AP, including USPS mail and FedEx
- Ensures that data files are organized
- Forwards vendor invoices across the board for approval
- Follows up regularly on invoices that have not been approved
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Enters approved and matched invoices into Sage 100 for payment
- Responsible for maintaining the company’s electronic filing and workflow system, Search Express
- Formats documents into PDFs and/or Word as needed
- Communicates effectively, thoroughly, and courteously with internal and external customers
- Communicates clearly and professionally via phone and e-mails with vendors and internal customers
- Ability to contribute to team goals and efforts
- Able to work in an office environment with mid to high stress due to deadlines
- Follows directions from management
- Maintains a clean work area and welcoming office space
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs. objects above the shoulders
- Other duties may be assigned per management
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One-year general office experience
- MS, Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Strong work ethic & organizational skills
- Sage 100 experience
- Search Express experience
- Accounts Payable experience
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.